05 Apr MALAYSIA HEALTHCARE SEALS MORE MEDICAL TRAVEL PARTNERSHIPS IN MYANMAR
MALAYSIA HEALTHCARE SEALS MORE MEDICAL TRAVEL PARTNERSHIPS IN MYANMAR
YANGON, 5 APRIL 2017: The Malaysia Healthcare Travel Council (MHTC) together with 3 Myanmar hospitals and a travel agent sealed collaborative partnership agreements in their quest to better serve the healthcare needs in both the countries.
Through these strategic partnerships, Malaysia Healthcare is optimistic to:
- Enhance access to Malaysian healthcare services from Myanmar
- To create awareness of the Malaysia Healthcare Representative Office and its services offered in Myanmar
- To bring the intrinsic value in these services closer to its citizens, and
- To continuously have the knowledge transfer & training in the form of Health Talks, Continuous Medical Education and Clinical Assistance Training between doctors from both countries
His Excellency Mohd Haniff Abd Rahman, Ambassador of Malaysia to The Republic of the Union of Myanmar, witnessed the exchange. Myanmar represents a very important market for Malaysia Healthcare, as a close ASEAN neighboring country. We have seen a positive growth of medical tourists coming to Malaysia for treatment from a mere 5,600 in 2011 to more than 11,000 Burmese travelers in 2016.
Aiming to share, exchange knowledge and enhance the healthcare services offered between both countries, collaborative partnerships such as these are certainly important for the betterment of the healthcare travel value chain. “Having strong, reliable partners will surely provide ease and comfort for any healthcare traveler when seeking a seamless medical travel experience in Malaysia,” says Sherene Azli, Chief Executive Officer of Malaysia Healthcare.
The first three signings are collaborative agreements between Malaysia Healthcare and OSC Hospital, Aung Yadana Hospital and Kembangan Hospital. These three hospitals are keen to expand the collaboration with Malaysian hospitals by promoting selected and needed niche treatments in Myanmar such as cardiology, neurology, oncology, orthopaedic and fertility related treatments.
The other two signings are between Malaysia Healthcare and JTB Polestar and Global Assistant which are affiliations with local Burmese travel industry expanding the reach in the market and further creating awareness of Malaysia Healthcare.
Healthcare travel is one of the fastest growing industries in Malaysia today. Reflecting this healthcare efficiency is International Living’s rating of Malaysia as the “Best Country in the World for Healthcare” in their Annual Global Retirement Index from 2015 – 2017. Malaysia was also awarded as the “Medical Travel Destination of the Year” by the International Medical Travel Journal (IMTJ) for 2 consecutive years in a row (2015 & 2016).
Malaysia has the right qualities for achieving greater heights in international healthcare travel: excellent quality in healthcare services, accessibility and affordability. To top it off, it is easy for travellers to communicate with health professionals here, where English and several local dialects are widely spoken with translators available upon early request.
Matched with strong government backing and commitment from the private healthcare sector, Malaysia has everything it takes to achieve our ambition of being number one in Asia for healthcare travel. As Malaysia’s reputation grows to be the preferred healthcare destination of choice, we will press on in our efforts to sustain Malaysia as a global force to be reckoned with,” said Sherene Azli further.
As part of our efforts to convey the essence of Malaysia Healthcare, we recently unveiled “Share My Love”, a continuation of the “Malaysia Loves You” campaign, launched in 2016. “Share My Love” carries a message of love, unity and kindness, inviting all to come and experience Malaysia’s excellent healthcare and indulge in our famed Malaysian hospitality. “This concept encompasses the essence of Malaysia’s healthcare, which provides great care, compassion and warmth at the same time. It is this very love and welcoming spirit that we hope to convey to all who come to our shores”, added Sherene.
ABOUT MALAYSIA HEALTHCARE TRAVEL COUNCIL (MHTC)
MHTC is an agency under the purview of the Ministry of Health Malaysia that has been entrusted with the responsibility of curating the country’s healthcare travel scene. Identified as a National Key Economic Area (NKEA), the healthcare travel industry has great potential to contribute to the nation’s economy in its final dash towards achieving a developed nation status.
|For media enquiries:||For more information on healthcare travel:|
Head – Public Relations & Communication
For marketing enquiries:
+603 2726 8688 (Call Centre)
Mohamad Lazim Yassin
Marketing Director, Myanmar
Malaysia Healthcare Representative Office (MYANMAR)
Room No. (8), Ground Floor, Yuzana Tower
Shew Gon Daing Road, Bahan Township
Tel: +95 9 9727 06248
HEALTHCARE TRAVEL AWARDS – MALAYSIA
The country’s top medical establishments have garnered through the years. In the last few years, Malaysia has come up on top of several international healthcare and living ratings:
International Living (Global Retirement Index 2015 – 2017)
- Malaysia – “Best Country in the World for Healthcare”
International Medical Travel Journal (Medical Travel Awards 2016)
- Health & Medical Tourism: Destination of the Year – Malaysia Healthcare (2015 & 2016)
- International Hospital of the Year – Sunway Medical Centre
- International Cosmetic Surgery Clinic of the Year – Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre (2015 & 2016)
- International Fertility Clinic of the Year – TMC Fertility Centre
- Best Marketing Initiative – Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur
2016 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific Healthcare and Tourism Awards
- Travel Council of the Year – Malaysia Healthcare Travel Council (MHTC)
- Hospital of the Year: KPJ Healthcare
- Growth Excellence Leadership Award – Sunway Medical Centre
- Healthcare Service Provider of the Year – IHH Healthcare Berhad
- Patient Care Hospital of the Year – Ramsay Sime Darby Health Care
2016 Global Health & Travel Consumers Choice Awards
- Cosmetic Surgery & Aesthetics Service Provider of the Year – Sunway Medical Centre
- Hospital of the Year (Malaysia) – Sunway Medical Centre
- Orthopaedics Service Provider of the Year – KPJ Healthcare
- Paediatrics Service Provider of the Year – Prince Court Medical Centre
- Cardiology Service Provider of the Year – National Heart Centre, Malaysia